Thursday, May 4, 2017

Atonement ~a review

I recently watched this movie and FELL IN LOVE.
This is a film with the actress Kiera Knightly. What else can I say? She leaves a beautiful signature on every film she acts in. Every movie she has been in has been so unique.
source
source
I watched this movie not knowing what it was about. I knew it was a WWII film, but that was it.
I had no idea that I would be swept away to a very emotional, heartwrenching place. 
This is a sweet love story, but it is also sad. Very sad. (I'm trying to avoid spoilers. Bear with me) 
If I had to sum it up in one sentence, I would say that it is a historical story about star-crossed lovers. 

 atonement GIF
source
I can't get over how pretty it is! I love all the scenery.
...And then there is James McAvoy. I didn't think I would ever see him the same after watching Split. (It's a weird horror movie. I wouldn't recommend it.) But he's such a talented actor! So far I've seen him in Narnia, Becoming Jane, Split, and now this. And he's been so believable in every role!!! Not to mention he's very cute.

 atonement GIF
source
^^^GAAAHHHHH THIS SCENE. (Please excuse me. I get very emotional over this movie)

Also, my favorite actor in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD is also in this movie. BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH. Except I hate him in this movie, which is horrid for me. Not because he is a bad actor, but because I hate his character. For those of you that are obsessed with the Sherlock show, you'll understand the love-hate relationship with Cumberbatch. (WARNING: A rant post about Sherlock coming soon)

 atonement GIF
source

Anyway... that wraps up the post. 
Sorry if this is all nonsense- I'm writing this late at night and I'm very sleep deprived. Gaaah school sucks but at least I have my lovely little blogosphere. Speaking of that, I apologize that my presence on the blogosphere has been so inconsistent.
Also, pardon me for using so many gifs. I've just missed them since I haven't blogged in so long. :) 

I hope y'all have a lovely night, and have a wonderful Friday!!! <3




6 comments:

  1. Those gifs though. The one of them playing around by the water...awww. That looks like such a sweet scene. And James McAvoy's eyes are SOOO blue in that picture! Like REALLY blue. (Do you think there's some added color there? ;))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW! They're so blue!!! There probably is added color because his eyes don't look QUITE that blue in the movie. :)

      Delete
  2. This looks like a really sweet movie. I should definately check it out soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is!!!! Also sooooo sad *sniff* Yeah you should!

      Delete
  3. I'm late commenting BUT THIS REVIEW IS SO GOOD. And I must watch this.

    ReplyDelete